The director of the hair school I went to called the salon today to get ahold of me – strange, I thought – and ask me to come back and give a little talk on…well, whatever I wanted to talk about really. Something useful to the girls in hair school.
How crazy is that?
It’s very cool imho, although I don’t know what to really build my talk around, because as you may know I have something of a potty mouth. And often endorse dissent among the ranks.
So now I’m trying to figure out some bullet points of topics to cover, this is what I have so far:
- The many career paths you can take
- Controlling your emotions will benefit you immensly
- Respect the years other people have put into the industry
- Bend. Be flexible, because it’s survival of the most adaptable, not the strongest
- Clean and sweep
- Punch your pride in the nuts
- What a working relationship is and why it’s better than a personal relationship with your co-workers
- Middle aged women and older women are your bread and butter if you want to make money
- Getting lazy
- Platform artists
What would you tell a class of teenage girls in hairschool?